Looking for ideas for quick, easy, budget and waste-friendly salads for your picnics in July but also wanting to impress friends and family with a joyful and delicious combination of different ingredients and flavours?
Be S.M.A.R.T. and this week try my minimal ingredient Watermelon Feta Fresh Mint Salad.
Watermelon Feta Fresh Mint Salad
(serves 2-3 people)
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
No cooking required
- ½ large watermelon
- 1 block of greek feta cheese (200g)
- 2 handfuls of fresh mint
- ½ medium cucumber
- 1 handful of rocket
- ½ lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- Chop ½ watermelon and ½ cucumber into chucks and tip them into a bowl with 2 handfuls of fresh mint leaves and 1 handful of rocket.
- Crumble over 200g of feta cheese and 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds.
- Dress the salad with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and 1/2 of lime juice. Add a pinch of white pepper.
- Toss gently to combine all ingredients
- Serve it with your choice of flatbreads (optional) – I suggest Peter’s Yard Sourdough Flatbreads
Enjoy and looking forward to seeing your salad recreations in the comment box below!