MBPsS Forensic Psychologist
Dip CNM BANT CNHC Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist
Metabolic Balance Coach
Wellness Educator & Trainer
Academic Personal Tutor
I’m Cátia, the person behind Mindmoodpsychonutrition.
I’m based in London but originally from Portugal where I grew up surrounded by the lemon and persimmon trees at my parent’s house, the mediterranean flavours of my grandmother’s cooking and the sea in the horizon from my bedroom window.
In 2010, I moved to London, with the dream to pursue a career in Psychology and live in a completely different country and culture. Since then I have been working in the social care sector with people with enduring mental health issues, entrenched substance use and history of homelessness, abuse and offending behaviour, delivering individual and group therapy, outreach and psychosocial support.
I have also experienced issues with my mental health, body-image/self-esteem, emotional eating and gut/hormonal health as well as many of the women and men I have met and worked over the last 10 years. Sooner than later, I realised that Psychology by itself was never going to be the only solution for myself and the people I have been working with. Thus, becoming a Nutritional Therapist and working on my spiritual muscle have enabled me to finally take full responsibility for my own emotional and physical health and to be able to support my clients in a much more holistic, deeper and compassionate way.
Since 2016, I have changed my eating habits and relationship with food, improved my sleep and gut, regained my menstrual periods, transformed my self-limiting beliefs, mastered my anxiety and negative thoughts and learned how to respect even more my own dignity of life as well as others around me.
Eating it’s just not a simple physiological process, it also encompasses our thoughts and feelings towards food and our own relationship with ourselves, our bodies and our minds. I’m also a true believer that spirituality can play an important part in our lives bringing forth our unique potential and the hope, courage and wisdom that we may need in the present and towards the future.
Nutrition, Psychology and Spirituality go hand in hand and as a holistic practitioner I work with people (adult men and women) in a way that aims to bring together these 3 worlds with the goal of a more balanced and positive physical health and emotional wellbeing.
Mindmoodpsychonutrition is the result of an ongoing determination to
keep helping others in a more comprehensive way and be part of that profound journey of happiness and self-healing!
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- BSc in Psychological Sciences/ MSc in Forensic Psychology, University of Porto, Portugal
- Dip CNM Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy, London, United Kingdom
- Credentials: MBPsS/ MBANT CNHC
- Metabolic Balance Coach, London, United Kingdom
- Present: Associate Psychologist, Reflective Practitioner and Trainer at BGPS psychology services;Nutritional & Lifestyle Coach & Trainer at HapiNutrition; Wellness Educator at Union Education Group; Personal Tutor at Institute of Optimum Nutrition
- Previous: Head of Mind Psychology Department/Nutritional Therapist / Health Optimising Voice Analysis recognition pattern & Homeostasis Biofeedback Practitioner at Health Optimising London, UK’s leading naturopathic clinic
- Extensive experience of working as a therapist, community outreach worker and dual diagnosis/substance misuse worker within the social care sector sector including Community Housing & Therapy, the National Fund Fulfilling Lives Programme, HMP Pentonville and Terrence Higgins Trust
Interests & Areas of Expertise
Nutritional Psychology / Nutrition & Mental Health
Stress, fatigue and burnout
Metabolic & hormonal balancing
Recovery from alcohol/drugs dependency
Energy Medicine & Spirituality
Staff wellbeing, education and training to Corporate Wellness & Staff wellbeing, education and training
System change, shared learning and policy making
You can also find me here:
Ready for a change? Let's talk.